Monday, March 15, 2010

Helping the students meet their goal: attrition

How many years have I ended the year with about a third of the students coming to meetings than appeared in September? I think it's natural for some kids to stop coming, particularly if other activities come up, or if they haven't really committed to the group. I used to do more to keep kids coming back than I do now. Jobs and titles keep kids coming back; so does meaningful work and progress. On the other hand, our layout editor is finishing up the magazine right now, so while there is work they all could be doing (like planning how they will sell the magazine), mostly just one student is working away. Once she's done with the layout, Mike and I will make an effort to round up the rest of the staff, but some won't return.

No comments: